Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February...The month of love!


I always think of February as the month of "love"! Romantic love shines around this time. Heart-shaped boxes of candy, flowers, fancy restaurant dates, the colors of pink and red...all the above accentuate Valentine's Day. (I love sharing "romance" with my wonderful husband!) My three children enjoy this month from a childlike view...they take great care in picking out their Valentine cards! We have made a tradition of having a family Valentine's party complete with decorations and candlelight. This particular month...Corey was required to memorize "1 Corinthians 13" for school...As I was reading this chapter in the NIV, verses 4-5 stood out to me..."(4)Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. (5)It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs." Wow! If we could all just portray "God's" love...wouldn't the world be a better place? Happy Valentine's Day to all my blogging friends!