Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year...a time to treasure the moments!

Happy 2012, everyone!:) Can hardly wrap my mind aroung the fact that 2011 has come and gone. New changes have taken place...We are loving our new house that God helped us to build. We said goodbye in September to our first house that we had lived at for twelve years and in which we had made SO many special memories. We are loving the extra space our new house offers and plan to live here for a very long time. It has been a busy and wonderful time of getting settled in. We have already made some awesome memories here. Was just looking at old pictures and reminiscing of days gone by. Friends and family all starting to look a little older. Sniff, sniff...TIME rushes by; things change; life's circumstances aren't always easy. My heart is happy for all of the special memories that God has blessed me with. Precious times spent with the wonderful people in my life. I wanted to cry as I looked at pictures of our three blessings...it seemed like yesterday when Corey was just a baby, then Cassie, then Cade. Pictures help to capture the moment. I have many aspirations and goals for the new year, but most of all I want to treasure every moment with the ones I love. I want to make a difference in someone's life. I want to have a positive outlook. I want my life to please the One who sent HIS only Son to die for me. I don't want to take anything or anybody for granted. I want to absorb those precious times of reading a book to Cade, cooking with Cassie, or playing ping-pong with Corey. I want to enjoy those moments with my precious parents and extended family and friends. I want to hug my Mamaw Smith and memorize her smile. I don't want this to be a melancholy time, but a time to "start over" treasuring all of those "special" moments.(And yes...I AM restarting my diet.:))Hope that this will be a happy year for YOU...God be near us all as we live out this amazing, challenging journey of life.
Christmas 2011

Late summer, early fall 2011